Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that generally deals with the study and application of Electricity, Electronics and Electromagnetism. Electrical engineers are well positioned to address a variety of the crucial engineering issues facing societies today. They cover wide variety of applications like power generation, transmission, distribution, control engineering, efficient lighting, computing, solar cells, low power devices and circuits, energy harvesting from the environment, smart power grids, electrical networks and machine learning, Energy Systems and Power Electronics-Make small MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) and big motors run by controlling the power from picowatts to megawatts and voltage from nanovolts to megavolts , energy auditing and reliable engineering
Important Software’s Available For Electrical Engineering Applications are Matlab, Pscad, Multisim, Psim, QuickField, Powerworld, Csuprem, Crosslight, Adams, Circuitlab, Comsol, EmtpRv, Elecnet, Magnet, Coloumb3d, Pspice, Etap, Powerworld, PlSiemens, Plexim, Caspoc, Powersim, Powerguru, Circuitlab, Circuit Today, Labview, Ecad, B2spice, Epfl (Simsen), Eracs, Etap, Schneider Electric Cad.
The discipline of electrical engineering is grounded in the sciences and in mathematics. If you enjoy these subjects, then you will find electrical engineering a fascinating and rewarding field of study with many opportunities to solve key engineering problems
Who can choose it?
Students aspiring to grab public sector, private sector jobs and also Individual who is enthusiastic to excel in the design of various Electrical systems, Electronics systems and computer systems for various applications in India and Abroad. Really who wants to apply the basic sciences in the field of Engineering? Those who want to continue their education in various super specializations like Robotics, Avionics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Net working, Renewable energy sources, Nanotechnology, Smart grid technologies etc. in India and abroad.
Electrical engineering jobs represent over 25% of all available jobs in engineering. In India 30 % of the government jobs are from Electrical Engineering sector. EEE student can enter in to the job market of Computer engineering, Electronics & communication engineering, Instrumentation engineering, control engineering, robotics, mechanical engineering, VHDL, VLSI. But any branch of other engineering student cannot enter in to the Electrical Engineering job market. Students can grab the job opportunities both in the private sector and public sector. The opportunities are available in NTPC, BHEL, BEL, BSNL, SAIL, GAIL, ISRO, DRDO, and INDIAN NAVY like public sector companies and lot of opportunities in state Generation, transmission and distribution companies. Along with these there are several openings for electrical engineers globally.
Department VISION and MISSION
To supervise students in Electrical discipline and preparing students for higher levels of cerebral attainment, sociable and making momentous contributions to profession and province.
Building graduates technically strong and to create revolutionary solutions for universal challenges with multi disciplinary activities. To cope with the best expertise in science & technology so as to equip students with the skills to envision, create and execute projects in these fields. Equip our students with the basic skills to communicate effectively and to develop the technical capability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams.
(A) PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS):
PEO 1 : To equip the graduates with sound knowledge in Basic Sciences , Mathematics ,Fundamentals in Engineering and interdisciplinary engineering to transpire as technocrats.
PEO 2 : Graduates shall have capabilities to design,comprehend,analyze and to develop innovative solutions for the benefits of society
PEO 3 : Graduates acquire effective communication skills,leadership qualities,ethical attitude and team spirit for an outstanding professional career
(B)PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POS):: Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals, and
an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,
natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
(C) PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOS):
PSO 1: Professional skills: students shall have abilities to take challenges associated with electrical power and renewable energy generation, transmission, distribution and utilization
PSO 2: Competency: Students shall quality at the state, national and international level competitive examination for employment, higher studies and research.
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|S.NO||NAME OF THE PROJECT||YEAR OF AWARD|
|1||DESIGN OF 17 LEVEL INVERTER WITH FACTS CAPABILITY FOR DISTRIBUTED ENERGY SYSTEMS||2017-18|
|2||SIMULATION AND COMPARISION OF NEWLY DESIGNED SINGLE PHASE MULTISTRING MULTILEVEL INVERTER WITH SINGLE PHASE HIGH LEVEL INVERTERS||2017-18|
|3||POWER GENERATION USING SPEED BREAKERS||2016-17|
|4||SOLAR BASED E AUTO||2016-17|
|5||REACTIVE POWER COMPENSATION IN SINGLE PHASE OPERATION OF MICRO GRID||2015-16|
|6||NOVEL THREE PHASE NINE LEVEL INVERTER WITH IN REDUCE NO.OF SOLID STATE COMPONENTS||2015-16|
|7||SIMULATION & COMPARSION OF SINGLE PHASE HIGH LEVEL INVERTORS FOR DIFFERENT LOADS||2014-15|
|8||SIMULATION OF MODULATION THREE PHASE AC-DC SOFT SWITCHED CONVERTER BASED ON BOOST ACTIVE CLAMP TOPOLOGY||2014-15|
|9||LIFT AUTOMATION THROUGH PLC AND SCADA||2013-14|
|10||ELECTRICAL POWER MONITORING SYSTEM||2013-14|
- Electrical AC Machines Lab
- Electrical DC Machines Lab
- Control System Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Electrical Circuits Lab
- Power Systems Lab
- Electrical System Simulation Lab
- Electrical Measurements And Testing Lab
- Power Electronic Drives Lab
- Electrical Machines
- Electrical Power Systems
- Electrical Measurements
- Power Electronics
- High Voltage Engeneering
- Control Systems
- Digital Electronics
- Microprocessors And Micro controllers
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Electrical Distribution Systems
Long Term Goals:
- Place teaching / tutorial material of each subject on the Net to enable students to browse at their own pace of learning.
- To upgrade the laboratories towards world class research and consultation activities.
- To equip the department as a centre of excellence for Energy Systems Engineering.
Short Term Goals:
- Motivate the entire faculty to adopt the latest techniques in teaching and learning process.
- Encourage more than 75% of the II & III year students for in-plant training for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Encourage the II, III & IV year students to present papers in students’ paper contests.
- Motivate and encourage each faculty to present / author a technical paper / book in a year.
- Sponsor / Depute teaching and non-teaching staff to acquire higher academic qualifications.
- Plan for 100% placement.
- Plan for 90% Results.
Head of the Department:
List of Teaching Staff
|S.NO||Name of the Faculty||Designation|
|1||KUDUPUDI NAGESH||Assoc. Prof|
|2||TENALI B RAJENDRA PRASAD||Asst. Prof|
|3||POTHULA SARATH||Asst. Prof|
|4||NAGAM SESHU KUMAR||Asst. Prof|
|5||ANNAMDEVULA DIVYA KRISHNAVENI||Asst. Prof|
|6||PAKKATHATLA VANDANA||Asst. Prof|
|7||KONDEPUDI JYOTHIPRIYANKA||Asst. Prof|
|8||PALLI LAKSHMANA RAO||Asst. Prof|
|9||MADIRAJU VENKATA SAI RAM KARTHEEK||Asst. Prof|
|10||G GNANA SIVA JAYALAKSHMI||Asst. Prof|
|11||SYED GANSHA KARIMULLA||Asst. Prof|
|12||SANDRA SWAMY AYYAPPA||Asst. Prof|
|S.No||Batch||Name of the student||Percentage %|
|S.No||Batch||Name of the student||Percentage %|
|S.No||Name of the Program||Name of the student||Sport||Name of the Event|
|1||B-Tech||R. Eswar||Badminton||AP C.M CUP RUNNER|
|2||Diploma||Y.Ammanna gowd||Badminton||DIPLOMA SPORTS|
Department Photo Gallery: