ANTI RAGGING CELL
Ragging is strictly banned in BVC College of Engineering. If anybody found indulge in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent of the act. Ragging is banned by the Supreme Court of India. In order to prevent such kind of activity in campus, an anti-ragging committees has been formed is operational even before the start of First year classes by the Director/ Principal.
SAY NO TO RAGGING
Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with fresher’s, but a form of Psychopathic behavior. Ragging is a violation of Human Rights. Respect for Humanitarian Values. Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under the law. Ragging may spoil your career forever.
FOLLOWING BEHAVIOUR WITH FRESHERS IS TANTAMOUNT TO RAGGING:
- Force students to address seniors as ‘Sir ‘
- Force students to perform mass drills.
- Force students to copy class notes for the seniors.
- Force students to run various errands.
- Force students to do menial jobs for the seniors.
- Force students to ask/answer vulgar questions.
- Force students to watch pornographic pictures
- Force students to drink alcohol, scalding tea, smoking, etc.
- Force students to perform acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death
- Force students to perform acts with sexual overtones, including homosexual acts.
PUNITIVE MEASURES FOR RAGGING
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Debarring from any test/examination or any other evaluation process
- Collective punishment when individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified.
- Rigorous imprisonment and fine up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs as per Law.
A cell with the following members has been reconstituted to look after the issues related to anti ragging. Ragging has several aspects with, among others, psychological, social, political, economic, cultural, and academic dimensions. The coordinator has been requested to call for meetings periodically with other members and report to principal.
|S.No||Name of the Member||Designation||Position||Department|
|6||Mr.R.N.V .Vishnu Murthy||Asst.Professor||Member-Faculty||CSE|
|7||Mr. Prasad||Police||Sub inspector of police||Government|
|8||Mr.V.Narasimha Rao||Administrative Officer||Administrative Officer||ECE|
|9||P. Srinivas||Assoc.professor||Training And Placement Officer||ECE|