The Library was started in the year 2009, and the library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD / DVD -ROMs, Video Cassettes. Online Databases, Micro Documents, Books, Journals Thesis, Project Reports, Back Volume of Journals, Video Lessons from NPTEL. The library has been using an integrated library management software package with all modules for automated library operation and Bar code system.
A well equipped Digital Library is one of the most important sections of the Library. The library being a member of AICTE provides online access to IEEE, e-shodhsindhu, e-shodhganga, e-books, and Journals through JGATE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOHY. The Digital Library consists of Video Lessons of NPTEL from IIT’s, E-Journals and E-Databases. It has two floors.
The first Floor consists of Books for Loan. Second floor consists of Reference, Rare and costly Books, Books for weaker sections Journals, Magazines (General and Spiritual), Back Volume of Journals, Student Projects, Non Book Material (CD’s / DVD’s / Audio Video Lessons) and Digital Library.
- The Library is also offering a number of information services to its users with professionally qualified staff using the printed and electronic resources and equipment. It is opened for 9 hours (9.00 A.M. to 6.00 P.M.) with Internet browsing facility for all its users. Access to e-journals is also made available in the campus to the academic community through J-GATE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
- The reprographic facility is provided for the convenience of the users.
- To help the students and teachers to reach their full potential by providing multifaced, supportive learning and teaching environment.
- To enhance BVC College of Engineering, status as a major research centre and centre for higher education.
- To position the BVC College of Engineering as the leading provider of outreach services in collaboration with other institutes of higher learning and research to users on and off the campus.
- To provide global access to information published worldwide in many disciplines in support of qualitative research and education which can be easily accessible in remote locations.
List of Library Memberships
|NATIONAL DIGITAL LIBRARY OF INDIA||https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/|
Remote access to e-resources of the Library
Conduct of Library users
- The Library is to be used for the purpose of academic study and research and for the consultation of subject and other related material. Faculty and students on the library shall respect the rights of other users.
- Silence must be strictly observed both by the users and the library staff in user reading and reference areas of the library.
- The use of cell phones with in the library is strictly prohibited. Users are not permitted to consume food or drink in the library.
- No Faculty and Student reserve a working place in the library by leaving library material or personal property on a reading table.
- Students are not allowed to bring personal properties into the library. The library is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.
Care of Library Material
- No one shall intentionallyor carefully mutilate, ruin or misplace any library material or piece of library belongings.
- Anyone responsible for deliberate or careless mutilation or damaging or misplacing of library furniture, equipment may be required to pay the full cost of replacement of any article spoiled or lost in addition to any fine or other disciplinary measure imposed.
Entry in to the Library
- Entry into the Library is restricted to the registered users on production of proper Identity card only. However, visitors may obtain permission to visit the Library from the In-charge.
- Faculty/Staff /Students shall notify the library promptly of any change of name or address.
- Faculty/Staff /Students must get registered with the Library for using library services
- Personal printed reading materials (including Xerox copy) are not allowed inside the library
- Personal belongings are to be kept at property counter.
- Students must hold registered library cards, which must be produced on request.
- If a library card is lost, the user shall report to the librarian immediately.
- The Library Staff may issue a new library card in place the lost or damaged one on payment of the prescribed fees.
Library working hours
Library offers 9 hours (9.00 A.M. to 6.00 P.M.) service to students, academic and research community 09.00 A.M. to 05.00 P.M. on Saturdays and 10:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M. on Sundays . The library will be closed only on Public holidays as per the College academic calendar.
Following is the schedule of working hours of different sections in the library:
- a) Issues and returns – 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
b) Text book section – 09.00 AM to 6.00 PM
c) Reading room – 09 hours
d) Computer section – 10.00 AM to 06.00 PM
e) Periodicals – 09.00 AM to 6.00 PM
f) Reference Section – 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM
BVC College of Engineering Central Library maintains huge collection of books on various subjects in addition to current and back volumes of journals. As per the rules of the Library no Journal is allowed for issue on loan to borrowers. Journals are meant only for reference within the library premises.
- Issue Section: The borrowers are allowed to borrow all the books respite in loan section.
- Reference section: All those items stand over in Textbook section and Reference sections, are meant for reference in Library rooms only. Similarly, both loose issues of current periodicals and back volumes of periodicals are also not meant for issue on loan. Any user wishing to have a copy of an article in a periodical or a reference book can make use of the Xerox facility available within the library.
The composition of user community of Library consists of Librarian, students, teachers, research scholars, non-teaching staff and Deposit borrowers. By virtue of appointment in the University as a Teacher or Non teaching staff or a student or a scholar neither does nor automatically entitles to use the Library facilities. To borrow the library material, one must register himself / herself with the library by following necessary formalities. Borrowing privileges will vary depending on the status of the users. Following are the details regarding the borrowing facility given to different types of library Users.
No. of Library Books Issued
- An amount of Rs.1/- per day after duration period is completed is collected from students
- Fine will be incurred after 30 days of duration period fine will be cost of the Book
The Library has automated the circulation activities, Issues and Returns for fresh batch of Students will be done using bar coded User Id Cards.
The Library has Two floors. The First Floor consists of Books for Loan. Second floor consists of Reference, Rare and costly Books, Books for weaker sections Journals, Magazines (General and Spiritual), Back Volume of Journals, Student Projects, Non – Book Material (CD’s / DVD’s / Audio Video Lessons) and Digital Library.
Indian Journals (Print)
|1||Mechanisms and dynamics of machinery||Hamilton H.Mabie||Wiley||1986||1|
|2||Thermal Radiation Heat Transfer||Siegel , Howell||MGH||1972||1|
|3||Analysis of Heat and Mass Transfer||E R G Eckert||MGH||1972||1|
|4||Heat Transfer||Benjamin Gebhart||MGH||1971||1|
|5||Principles of Heat Transfer||Frank Kreith||harper||1986||1|
|6||SIMULATION OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS||ALLAN CARRIE||JOHN WILEY||1988||1|
|7||CONCURRENT ENGINEERING||ANDREW KUSIAK||JOHN WILEY||1992||1|
|8||SPECIAL STRUCTURAL CONCRETES||RAFAT SIDDIQUES||GALGOTIA||1960||1|
|9||A treatise on Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machinery||V B Priyani||Charotar||1977||1|
|10||FUELDS AND COMBUSTION||S P SHARMA||1980||1|
|11||LS TTL DATA ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|12||CMOS LOGIC DATA||MOTOROLA INC||MOTOROLA INC||2002||1|
|13||SMALL-SIGNAL DEVICE DATA BIPOLAR TRANSISTORS-JFETS ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|14||WIRELESS SEMICONDUCTOR SOLUTIONS RF AND IF DEVICE DATA VOL-I||MOTOROLA INC||MOTOROLA INC||2002||1|
|15||WIRELESS SEMICONDUCTOR SOLUTIONS RF AND IF DEVICE DATA VOL-II||MOTOROLA INC||MOTOROLA INC||2002||1|
|16||WIRELESS RF,IF AND TRANSMITTER DEVICE DATA||MOTOROLA INC||MOTOROLA INC||2002||1|
|19||TVS/ZENER DEVICE DATA||MOTOROLA INC||MOTOROLA INC||2002||1|
|20||SWITCH MODE TM POWER SUPPLY REFERENCE MANUAL ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|21||ADC ANALOG-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTOR||MOTORALA||MOTORALA||2002||1|
|22||PROGRAMMERS REFERENCE MANUAL (INCLUDES CPU 32 INSTRUCTIONS)||MOTORALA||MOTORALA||2002||1|
|23||AMPLIFIERS AND COMPARATORS (ANALOG AND MIXED SIGNAL) DATA BOOK)||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||2002||1|
|24||LINEAR CIRCUITS (POWER+PRODUCTS,PERIPHERAL DRIVERS/ACTUATORS)||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||2002||1|
|25||AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIERS (ANALOG AND MIXED SIGNAL)||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||2002||1|
|26||DATA TRANSMISSION CIRCUITS(LINE CIRCUITS)(MIXED SIGNAL PRODUCTS)||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||2002||1|
|27||ANALOG/MIXED-SIGNAL PRODUCTS(DESIGNERS GUIDE)||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||TEXAS INSTRUMENTS||2002||1|
|28||ALS/AS LOGIC DATA BOOK||NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR||NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|29||APPLICATIONS FOR COMMUNICATION ICS||HARRIS SEMICONDUCTOR||HARRIS SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|30||LINEAR ICS FOR ANALOG SIGNAL PROCESSING APPLICATIONS||HARRIS SEMICONDUCTOR||HARRIS SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|31||ANALOG/INTERFACE ICS DEVICE DATA VOL-II||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||ON SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|32||DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING||AVTAR SINGH||HARRIS SEMICONDUCTOR||2002||1|
|33||OPPORTUNITIES IN REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING||BUDZIK RICHARD||VZM CAREER HORIZONS||1998||1|
|34||PRINCIPLES OF REFRIGERATION||BOAST,MICHAEL F.G||MGH||1998||1|
|35||PRINCIPLES OF REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING||ADITHAN,M||WILEY EASTERN||1998||1|
|36||ARCHITECURE AND TOWN PLANNING||LIMAYA VISHALI||NIRALI PRAKASAN||1980||1|
|37||PLANNING AND DESIGNING BUILDING||Y S SANE||ALLIED PUB||1970||1|
|38||STANDARD REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING||S M ELONKA||TMH||1990||1|
|39||ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS||KISHAN MEHROTRA||PENRAM||1997||1|
|40||COMPUTER TECHNIQUES IN POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS||M A PAI||TMH||1980||1|
|41||PRINCIPLES OF REFRIGERATION||MICHAEL F L BOAST||TMH||1980||1|
|42||PRACTICAL REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING||M ADITHAM||WILEY EASTERN||1980||1|
|43||INTRODUCTION TO SWITCHING THEORY AND LOGICAL DESIGN||F J HILL||JOHN WILEY||1980||1|
|44||ELEMENTS OF ARTIFICAL NEURAL NETWORKS||KISHAN MEHROTRA||TMH||1990||1|
|45||DATA COMMUNICATION AND TELEPROCESSING SYSTEM||TREVER HOUSLEY||PHI||1980||1|
|46||DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING||H S JAMADAGNI||DECE||1980||1|
|47||HDL CHIP DESIGN||DOUGLAS J SMITH||DOONE PUB||1998||1|
|48||INTEGRATED CIRCUIT DESIGN||A F MURRAY||MACMILLAN||1987||1|
|49||ANALOG VLSI SIGNAL INFORMATION PROCESSING||MOHAMMED ISMAIL||TMH||1994||1|
3) Arrangement & Display
In BVC College of engineering Central Library, books are stand over according to classified using Dewey decimal classification scheme to arrange them in a helpful sequence to facilitate easy browsing & location of books sought by the Users. Since the library follows open access system in most of the sections, to assist the user in locating the needed book all kinds of bay & shelf guides, direction and sign boards are provided in different sections of the library. Each periodical is assigned with a location of the loose issue of the periodical. Once the volume of the periodical is complete, all the loose issues, which constitute the volume, will be sent for binding from the periodical section. The bound volumes, which are also called as back issues, of the periodical are then classified and catalogued and are kept in the reference section. There are separate reference sections in the library containing back volumes of periodicals for Science & Technology and Engineering with adequate reading facility.
BVC College of engineering Central Library is managed by Librarian, 2 Library Professionals and 2 Non professional staff including the administrative are working in the Library.
Reading & Seating facility
BVC College of engineering Central Library provides sufficient reading and seating facility along with stack area in different sections. Users are not allowed to bring their personal books into this reading room. At a time the library can provide seating and reading facility for about 300 users.
Internet Browsing Services
- The Library is equipped with Plastic chairs for seating and wooden table for reading purposes, for shelving purpose mostly Iron bookshelves are used.
- For the purpose of automation, Networking and Internet browsing, the library is maintaining computer systems and servers.
- For Browsing OPAC one computer system is kept for users.
Other Physical facilities:
- The library building is located in a spacious area.
- Proper care is taken to provide good ventilation and lighting within the library to create congenial environment for browsing and reading the library materials in different sections of the library.
Any person making use of the photocopying facility of the library shall comply with the current laws on copyright act.